IFEA Africa – International Festivals and Events Association Africa is committed to Continuous Professional Development of the individual.
Membership Voting rights vest in the individual, not the enterprise /festival. Individual members play an important role in skills development, skills transfer, peer mentorship and as speakers in CPD programmes.
ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT is invited from Government, Business, Civil Society, Festivals & Events to advertise in the IFEA AFRICA Festivals and Events Directory, to have access to the database and to be part of the continuous improvement through Monitoring and Evaluation. IFEA Africa provides a bridge between established companies as market-based intermediaries, and the emerging market.
IFEA WORLD VISION
A globally united industry that touches lives in a positive way through celebration
IFEA WORLD MISSION
To inspire and enable those in our industry to realize their dreams, build community and sustain success through celebration.
WHO WE SERVE
The IFEA exists to serve the needs of our entire industry, who produce and support quality celebrations for the benefit of their respective 'communities' and all those who share our core values of excellence & quality; the sharing of experience, knowledge, creativity and best practices; and the importance of 'community' building both locally and globally. Our success lies in the success of those we serve through professional education, programming, products and resources, networking and representation.
IFEA AFRICA – MISSION
- To recognize socio-economic and environmental impact of events on local communities through an annual monitoring and evaluation celebration at the OMNOTHO (growing wealth) POVERTY ERADICTION FESTIVAL 14th – 17th October 2011
- To celebrate International Standards Day, World Food Day, World Women Day, Global Handwashing Day, International Day for the Eradication of Poverty.
Membership in the IFEA brings an ever-expanding world of opportunities to your doorstep through a united global industry that stretches across 40 countries and 5 continents. As a member you'll be able to:
- Strengthen and grow the network of those you can turn to for advice and support. Grow your social capital
- Gain important accolades and increased credibility through recognition from IFEA Awards Programs.
- Discover new ideas and commonalities through shared information on topics directly related festival and event operations.
- Experience top-notch educational programming through conferences, seminars and behind-the-scenes opportunities held at local, regional, national and international levels
IFEA Africa is a non-dues revenue association – members are encouraged to place an advert to market themselves, and their enterprises in the Print and on-line IFEA Africa Festivals and Events Directory
- Monthly IFEA Local Festival Office Meeting
- Monthly Electronic Newsletter
- Annual Conference
- Access to IFEA Africa and IFEA International Website, Educational Material and Awards Programs
- Listing in the IFEA Africa - Print & Electronic Festivals and Events Directory
- Representation by IFEA Africa at a minimum of 2 trade shows per annum in South Africa (e.g. Meetings Africa, Markex)
IFEA Africa aims to develop the individuals and the IFEA Africa Festivals and Events Directory publication is one of the funding mechanisms to bring membership so everyone can belong and to support the many individuals who would not otherwise be able to afford to belong to a social network and Continued Professional Development Association, to support events that will help to communities through communitas , capacity and nation building.
VALUE NETWORK PARTNERS – Access to database, Job Descriptions, Industry Trends, Updates, Decent Work feedback that affects the INDIVIDUALS who work with you at Festivals and Events. Contribute towards furthering the knowledge systems of the event industry and in so doing also offer concrete solutions to the socio-economic and socio-political needs of communities clients, partners.
PLEASE SEE OUR ADVERTISING RATES CARD FOR PRICES (excl. VAT)
 Donald Getz – Event Studies, Theory, research and policy for planned events. Butterworth Heinemann pg 178